Friday, September 2, 2011

     I went for an early ride with my hubby today.  I like our rides because I get to see a lot more of the trails.  He rides forever on his own, but today he took me for an hour around our bike-friendly city.
     I was hanging with him for the first half hour really well.  But, then I hit a wall, the proverbial wall we all hit when working our bodies past the comfort zone.  Most people work right through it, but when I pushed through it felt like a twenty-foot deep concrete wall...a wall like no other.  I had to walk my bike up one hill.  Then, as we were riding parallel to a major road, I looked over and saw a woman passing me while running with her dog.  Yeah, that was sad.
     So, I pushed.  I pushed my right leg down with my hand, which was asleep, and I pushed through the wall.  I came home with the feeling of accomplishment which was all worth it.
    

7 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog. Giving a voice to your challenges and accomplishments is motivating to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so "with you" every step of your way please keep on believing in your inner strength.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, your support means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have a couple of big hills that I absolutely despise on our rides. I just give myself permission to walk up them if I want to. That way, if I do power through them, I feel good, and if I don't, then no need to feel bad. I'm also more likely to go on the ride at all if I already know I have permission to walk the worst hills. Also, those people who run with their dogs are hard core. They sometimes pass me going *downhill.*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really admire your determination in all of this!!!

    ReplyDelete