Wednesday, August 8, 2012

9 months later...

     Nope, not a baby...I just took a break while losing weight through eating better.  I can't believe it took me this long to get back on the treadmill.  But, I did it yesterday!  I am truly proud to say it, too,:)
     It was easier to start running this time around, seeing as I have lost 39lbs. since last August.  Less weight = less to carry,:)  My focus wasn't completely clear, however, due to my son not being used to sitting in the workout room for 30mins.  His bathroom break, which required me to get off of the machine, really broke up my workout.  I suppose it will be easier when he goes back to school next week.
     My heart rate was higher than ever.  200 beats/min. made me nauseous and I thought about quitting.  Instead, I slowed down to a walk to get over the nausea and sipped water to combat my dry mouth.  I stared down at the side steps thinking how easy it be to step off and curl up in a ball right there on the treadmill.  But, I found that I have more fight in me than that.
     So, will this be a fluke?  Or will I follow this run up with many?  I am taking the day off today, so we will see tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment