Thursday, August 16, 2012

Following through...

     Last Thursday, I worked out for my usual thirty minutes and Tuesday, I increased my time on the treadmill to thirty-three minutes.  My goal was to work out for forty today and I surpassed it by five minutes!  Can you believe it?  Forty-five minutes!
     I broke up my workout into two segments.  My first goal was to clock a mile to see where I am at.  I surprised myself by running 6/10 of the mile.  It was invigorating watching the numbers add up in the mile column on the treadmill.  I finished the mile in fifteen minutes and sixteen seconds,:)  That makes me so happy!  It was my lowest mile ever!
     I followed that with a thirty minute walk at 3.5 mph.  I was sweating so bad towards the end that my inhaled breath was hot.  I was breathing in sweaty air!  Ugh!  Gross!  I think I need to get one of those clip-on fans for the front of the machine.  That will definitely help.
     So, I feel like I am going to continue to do this workout thing.  I have more confidence and I see improvement in my running.  Maybe I will surprise myself again soon!

1 comment: