Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A New Goal!

     So, I set my clothes out last night and I worked out again today.  I was sore, but I was comfortable enough to run ten total minutes.  It was easier to run in the first ten minutes, even two minutes at a time.  My BP stayed below 180, so I kept going.  But, after the fifteen minute mark, I was running my BP up in the 180's.  So, I ran a minute every couple minutes until my thirty was over.
     It was harder to breathe today.  I don't know if it because I ran so much yesterday or just the increase in speed.  Yesterday, I ran at 4.8mph and today I ran at 5.2mph.  It could be the reason I was so winded.  They say to assess your exercise level of intensity to try to sing, talk and breath.  If you can sing you are working out at a lower level.  If you can't talk and are breathing heavy, then you are exercising at a higher level.  I have raised my level over the past two months.  When I get off of the machine, I am winded and sweaty!  There isn't much more I can do to raise my workout intensity.  I'll just continue to add running minutes until I can run the whole thirty.  My husband does it.  It is a bigger goal, but I think I am in a good place to try to achieve it.  I can't wait to see what my legs look like when I am a consistent runner.  It'll be so worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment