Saturday, October 29, 2011

What a laugh!

     Today, Saturday, is a scheduled relaxing day.  Two days ago, I walked the treadmill in the morning while my son was at school.  And, yesterday, I took my longest bicycle ride ever!  Hubby and I rode for seventy minutes and covered more than eight miles.  It was a beautifully chilled morning and we made it to my second cycling goal.  I've already set my third one for just a couple of miles past the trail bridge we rode to yesterday.  Isn't this great?  I'm checking off goals and moving right along to the next!
     Funny sh@t happens on the trail.  I saw an old man riding his bike while wearing his bike shorts with, get this, a Pea Coat.  He looked very Admiral-like.  The strangest thing on the trail yesterday happened at my serene spot by the river.  The trail is cool under the tree canopies and I was taking it all in, especially breathing in the fresh air.  Suddenly, I hear a booming voice from behind me.  "FBI! On your left!"  I swerved over to the right to give the "FBI" room to pass me.  They turned and looked at me only to laugh and ask, "It's a joke! Did we get you?"  I have to say, they did get me.  I caught myself checking my six more often after being jarred like that on the bike.  But, like everything else that happens on the trail, it is funny when we get home.  We get to laugh about all of the quirky behavior and took off for home. 
     I would have to say that my favorite quote of the ride came from my hubby.  We made it to the trail bridge and he took my picture.  I told him to try and keep up (haha), rode ahead and he says, "Its all uphill from here (insert sarcastic laugh),"  Who says that? 
     So, on our way home yesterday, I decided to exit the trail via a side parking lot in our apartment complex.  What I failed to see was how deep the little river rocks were and my bike tire sank and turned.  This knocked me off balance.  I couldn't get my leg swung over the seat to clear me from the bike.  I went down face first and dropped hard on the ground.  (Oh, I forgot to mention the riding gloves that hubby bought me for my palms.)  So, my new gloves saved my hands and took the brunt of the fall.  Needless to say, I scraped up my lower legs on the bike pedal and rocks.  It was funny after I stood up and realized how silly my decision to ride through the rocks was.  Hubby though it was pretty funny too.
     We had a lot to laugh at yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment