Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Me? A runner?

     Let me start with the numbers, because they are awesome.  I ran eight times for a minute at 5.5mph.  I covered 1.7 mi.  My thirty minutes started out strong.  I ran every other minute for eight minutes in the beginning.  My Heart Rate started at 136, an all time low and didn't go higher than 174 for the first four runs.  The fifth through eighth runs (random minutes between ten and twenty minutes) hit 187.  I was pushing myself.
     I am impressed with my HR for the first four minutes.  It felt easier to get my breath back when I finished the run.  When the fifth spiked, I was reminded of my weight.  But before that, I felt like a runner.  It felt great and I inspired myself to add to my routine.  I started punching my hands in front of me with every running step.  I think adding this raised my HR in addition to my body tiring.
      It seems like I'm falling into a comfortable routine.  Now, I have to follow through and run until it is second nature.  Next, I will be looking to replace off days with workout days.  I think it is an attainable goal to try for walking/jogging every day when I drop some weight.  It'll be crazy!  I will be a runner!

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!!! I would *so* fall off the treadmill if I tried to punch my hands in front of me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting used to moving my arms more when I jog. It definitely feels like it is working more.

    ReplyDelete