Monday, August 29, 2011

A mountain of a day

     So, I never made it out of the house before lunch and I fell asleep afterward.  I woke up in the lowest place in my mind.  Working out was at war in my head.  It was the negative excuses verses the positive reasons for working out.  It took two hours and many requests for the pool by my son to motivate myself to get off of the couch.
     I ran a minute every few minutes during my thirty.  I started out strong.  I have trimmed my heart rate down to 134 when walking.  It used to be 146.  My heart rate after running a minute used to be 187, dangerously high.  I do not suggest that anyone keep their heart rate that high, ever!  Today, after my first and second minute, my rate was 174.  It didn't get over 185 until the last few running minutes.  If I can run more minutes next time, then hopefully my HR will will be lower on the third and fourth minutes.
     Making it through my final minute run was difficult.  I kept looking down at those darn foot rails on the side of the belt.  They loom under me pleading with me to stand on them.  "Just step on the sides and take a break", they scream.  The positive voice in my head screams back,"NO!"
     So, today was all about getting from the bottom to the top.  Whether it was baby steps when putting on my sneakers or enormous strides at a record 5.5mph on the treadmill, I made it through today.
    

1 comment: